History

Groundbreaking designs 1851-1882

Groundbreaking designs 1851-1882

In collaboration with the surgeon Professor Victor von Bruns, he developed new designs that set new standards in the field of medicine.

More...
International success 1882-1923

International success 1882-1923

Christian Gottlieb continually broadened his selection of products, now adding induction equipment, microtomes, endoscopy lighting and ophthalmological instruments to his existing repertoire of instruments.

More...
The beginnings of electrosurgical technology 1923-1962

The beginnings of electrosurgical technology 1923-1962

Otto Erbe changed the course of the company. In terms of the technology used, he focused on the development of an adjustable spark gap that used tungsten rather than silver contacts, for which he was granted a German Imperial Patent in 1931.

More...
Electrosurgical technology on the international stage 1962-2003

Electrosurgical technology on the international stage 1962-2003

In 1962, the first sales office was opened in Cologne, with more to follow in Munich, Hamburg, Krefeld, Hannover, Frankfurt and Nuremberg.

More...
Success in a global market 1996 - present

Success in a global market 1996 - present

With Christian O. Erbe and his brother-in-law Reiner Thede, the first joint managers in the history of the company took over in 2003.

More...